So i go through ear buds like crazy. Cheap ones last me two weeks to a month, high end ones last me 6-12 month. I though this may be because of snags. So i bought a cheap set of bluetooth headphones. It lasted around 90 days. the hardware works fine, but the wires to the ear buds wore out.
I liked the functionality of the bluetooth thing so i decided to add a headphone jack to it so i can plug in any headphones i want.
- bluetooth head phones
- 3.5mm TRRS(4-pole) headphone jack
- opening it up
- removing the ear bud wires
- drilled holes for the headphone jack
- soldered wires from board to jack
- [R+] to [right]
- [R-] to [ground]
- [L+] to [left]
- added so glue to re-enforce the wires contacts
- closed it up and added some glue to hold it together
- plug in a set of headphones
- zip tie excess wire from plug to buds
- test with 3-pole and 4-pole headphone jacks before closing it up
- use thin wire so it doesn’t pull off the PCB, I used 30AWG wire wrap wire.
- be careful not to pull off contact from PCB. I used super glue to re-enforce contact